Lemon and Asparagus Risotto
This risotto is good for any season; it\'s light and refreshing with the lemon juice, but hearty and warm for the winters. The cheese in this dish will compliment the acidity of our brut sparkling wines, and is perfect for a date night!
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Arborio or carnaroli or vialone rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup or more grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place vegetable stock on a large pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Place the chopped asparagus in the stock and blanch for about a minute.
- Asparagus should be bright green and still crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus from the stock and keep aside. Reduce heat and keep the stock on simmer.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and add arborio rice.
- Stir the rice on medium heat for about 2 minutes, or till it is fragrant (but don’t let the rice brown).
- Add wine to the rice and let is bubble away.
- When most the wine has evaporated, add one ladle of the simmering stock to the rice.
- Cook on medium-high heat.
- When the rice has absorbed most the stock, add another ladle full of stock.
- Repeat this process till the rice has cooked through (you may not use up all the stock).
- Check the rice for doneness as you go.
- When the rice is done, stir in arugula, parmesan, lemon juice, zest and salt
Source: Veggie Belly